Why Become a Mentor?
- SHARE your professional experiences & career insights
- GROW the profile of your company or profession
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- GAIN access to graduate talent & new ways of thinking
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW your professional network
- LEARN professional communication skills
- DEVELOP confidence in making the transition to work
- GAIN insight into industry & build your career path
What is Speed Mentoring?
Speed Mentoring connects Swinburne students with alumni professionals for short and informal one-off meetings. Mentors (alumni) will offer mentees (students) insight, guidance and support in the transition from Swinburne to the workforce.
How does it work?
Once students and alumni have registered their profiles, our system automatically recommends matches between mentors (alumni) and mentees (students) based on the criteria and experience each have listed. Students then choose their own mentors and initiate a connection for a one on one 30-minute chat online, over the phone or in person*. And don’t worry, we’ve got plenty of resources to help it all run smoothly.
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we recommend that all connections take place virtually for the time being.
So wherever you are in the world, join the Speed Mentoring pilot program to click, connect and conquer!
The program is open to international students as well as students in a variety of our PAVE (Pathways and Vocational Education) courses, so we’re looking for mentors from a diverse range of industries to match. Participating students are aged 18 years and over.
Click on the tabs above for more info!
A mentor is someone who allows you to see the hope inside yourself — Oprah Winfrey